Help Refugees learn skills and connect to the Boise community.
- Training and supplies to advance and expand textile skills
- Opportunities to market handcrafted items
- ESL and community knowledge
- Basic skill development for employment and entrepreneurship
- A safe environment to foster friendships, collaboration, and healthy connections
75% of sales goes to the student who made the product sold. To date, Artisans For Hope has dispersed over $85,000 to students.
Board of Directors
- Joan Cloonan (Founding member, executive committee) Interim Board director
- Marci Lingo
- Joleen Graham (Executive committee)
- Judy Oakes
- Jim Bratnober (Executive committee)
- Maria Shefa
- Linda Dixon (Executive committee)
- Lil Kurek
- Deborah Kristal
Artisans For Hope is a community-based, volunteer-driven nonprofit organization in the resettlement city of Boise, Idaho. Our goal is to assist incoming refugees develop the skill base, language acquisition, and confidence to successfully integrate into their new community. We do this by building on the traditional fiber-related handcraft skills and interests of refugees.
- Joan Sheehan, Executive Director
- Veronique Giwe Tongbi, Program Manager